PPL Library Card
How to Get a Library Card
- Library cards are free to all Kansas residents.
- Stop by the Circulation Counter for a short application (available in English or Spanish)
- Show proof of current address and photo identification (or parent's ID if child is under 14-years-old).
- Anyone age 14 and under will also need the signature of a parent or guardian.
- An annual fee is charged to out-of-state residents unless they show proof of property ownership in Crawford County.
- New patrons are limited to four items on the first checkout.
- Patrons can access their accounts online. Pin numbers are issued at the circulation counter.
Standard Checkout Policies
- Books, audio books, magazines, music CDs, and movies are checked out for two weeks and may be renewed twice if there are no holds on the item.
- Materials may be renewed over the phone.
- Interlibrary loan items are limited to four per person. These items usually check out for two weeks.
Overdue, Lost, or Damaged Items
- Overdue fees are 10 cents a day, per item, for library materials, with a $3 maximum.
- For your convenience, all items have a 3-day grace period. Patrons are required to pay fees calculated from the due date for items not returned during the grace period.
- If materials are not returned within four weeks after the due date, the item is considered lost and a bill for the replacement cost of materials is sent to the patron. The Library utilizes the services of a collection agency to help resolve accounts with balances over $25.
- Damage to materials beyond reasonable wear will be charged to the patron.
- A patron’s borrowing privileges may be limited if fees are owed to Pittsburg Public Library.